Dayton Singing
Dayton was asked to sing "I Am A Child Of God" at a friend's Baptism. Each time we practiced, he refused to sing. But then on performance night, he was excited for it! He sang the words so loud and so clearly- he amazed everyone. He was the only voice that could be heard in the back of the room. He knew all the words to the first verse, and then he joined in for the chorus after the other two verses. Everyone commented to me about his wonderful performance (especially that he out-shined the other kids!). I was so proud of him!
Reading
Reading books is part of our bedtime routine. I guess this book was amusing to Dayton.
Underwear Head
Daphne calls her underwear 'panties' (although she still wears a diaper, but sometimes likes to wear her princess panties over the diaper). One day she put them on her head.
Blow-Drying
Nana has been blow-drying Daphne's hair after baths. Daphne loves it! She pulls her stool up to Nana and sits there until she's dry. Sometimes Dayton wants his hair blow-dried, too.
More Tree Decorating
Daphne helped me decorate my mom's tree. I gave her 20 snowflakes to hang on the tree. Somehow, only the South Pole of the tree received any snow.
Jewelry
My mom has saved all of our old kiddie jewelry, and she has generously shared it with Daphne. Daphne loves wearing any necklace or bracelet that she finds or is given, no matter how many she already has on. Here she's wearing 6 necklaces and 2 bracelets.
Dayton's Thoughts on Christmas
Wrapping presents: Dayton and I were wrapping a gift while Grandpa was sitting a few feet away (but Grandpa couldn't see the gift). I told Dayton the present was for Grandpa and we wanted to surprise him, and Dayton said, "It's a movie!" (Yes, it was a movie.) My Dad and I laughed and I said, "How will Grandpa be surprised if you told him what it is?" Dayton whispered, "It's a surprise" then YELLED "It's a movie!" Good thing Dayton can't read yet, or I'm certain the title of the movie would have been announced as well.
On every gift tag, Dayton wrote (or scribbled) these words as he said them aloud, "To Santa, I love you someday. Ho ho ho."
4 comments:
Oh man, I miss those kids! Thanks for the post babe!
Cuties =] Kennady loves having her hair blow dryed as well & will sit still the entire time.
I want to hear the song!!
that's adorable!!
Post a Comment