Christmas Tree
My Washingtonian friends and family seem to be posting about their Christmas trees, so I thought I'd post about mine!Laurel, I found the perfect tree, too, but I get to use it year after year after year! That's right, but sad... it's fake. I miss the fresh tree smell, and I know my mom would be mortified because she NEVER allowed a fake tree in her home, even though my dad frequently bought a sad-looking live one. Anyway, this fake tree is cheaper.
The tree's pre-lit build stretches 6.5 feet into the sky!
What a magnificent sight!

We have to keep the 'kiddie' ornaments (Flounder, Sebastian, Miss Bianca) on the bottom because they are taken off, tossed around, sucked on, and placed back on the tree several times a day. Dayton loves the tree and we turn it on every morning when he wakes up.


Special Dress
I want to show off this beautiful dress that Aunt Kaili made for Daphne. It's still too big on her, but we're using it now anyway because it's so darling.

Dayton and Derrick playing Hide and Seek
Every part of the way Dayton plays Hide and Seek is hilarious: he counts when he should be hiding, he answers Derrick's questions when he's supposed to be quiet, and he uses the same spot every time. Too cute!
Fun with the Kids Video
Oh Crap!
We have now managed to catch "Oh crap!" on camera several times, so here's a variety of all the different ways Dayton uses his favorite phrase (making a mess, dropping something, spitting out water), despite Mommy's attempts to change it.
Daphne's Boots
We got these new boots with a Mrs. Claus outfit for Christmas, but Daphne was too excited to wait until Christmas to wear them. She's always been jealous of Napoleon Dynamite's moon boots, so now she has her own stylin' pair, plus they keep her feet warm!

Balloons Video
Dayton Watching Dayton
This is too funny because he cracks up and gets giddy as though he's actually playing the game.
This is too funny because he cracks up and gets giddy as though he's actually playing the game.

10 comments:
I didn't know Kaili made her a dress! That's so cute! Are you guys heading this way for Christmas? I was showing Kaili these posters yesterday and she said they looked like something Derrick would like. Here is the link http://www.realheroposters.com/
i LOVE the video's of Dayton, they are always so hilarious. Kids are so funny.
A) Whoever invented the fake tree should be laced with lights and put in a box and let out once year
B) That dress is very cute!
Michelle you are so good a blogging...sorry I suck :( haha. Daphne is Americas next top model in her cute outfits and fashions statements with her moon boots...too cute! I was cracking up at the video so will came in to see...he was dying with the "oh crap" haha. Love your blog! :) My New Years resolution is to be better at all of this stuff! I am hoping to get all caught up this week...we'll see :)
Thank you for keeping us up to date on the kids and their progress. I love to see Derrick playing with them. You two are GREAT parents! The dress is beautiful, I can't wait until she fits into it. Too bad the dogs weren't there to help with the balloons.
Daphne's dress is too cute! I can't believe how big they are both getting!! I love the boots also. There is nothing wrong with fake trees!! It's a lot less mess to clean up when Christmas is over - and it's cheaper as well.
Your kids are adorable and your house seems like such a fun place to be. The hide and seek video was awesome and I loved the moon boots.
I'll forgive your fake tree if you'll forgive me hoarding the recipe.
The oh crap video which I watched 4 times is soooo funny. I laughed and laughed. I know...... Im next!
LOVE the boots!!! And I'm so sad and dissapointed about the FAKE Christmas tree!!! I just hope that is remedied after Derrick graduates and you guys move back to the great northwest where you can cut on in your backyard. haha Love you!
Post a Comment