Wednesday, December 17, 2008

5 Christmas Parties in 4 Days

Well we are certainly enjoying the season! Last week we had 5 parties in 4 days. A couple of them were just for Mommy...

Thursday: Ward RS activity
Chocolate dipping party for women. No pictures, but I ate too many Oreo's.

Later on Thursday: Girls' night out party
Treats and recipes to share.

Friday: Woodlands apartments party
Good dinner, but Dayton only ate chips.

Saturday: Ward Christmas party
WONDERFUL program about serving Christ by serving others.
Dayton refused to go anywhere near Santa at the party, even when Santa offered him a candy cane. He told Daddy to go get the candy for him. Daphne was fine until we sat her on his lap, and then she screamed, just like all the other babies there. Poor Santa- he puts up with so many crying kids.

Sunday: Festive Christmas Sweater party
I WON THE PRIZE FOR HAVING THE BEST FEMALE SWEATER (which I think really means 'the ugliest' sweater). The credit for this prestigious title goes to my mom, who gave up her treasured sweater for this Christmas and sent it to me. She always wore it when I was younger, and my sisters and I were always embarrassed by it. Thanks for spreading your joy, Mom!

Me and my prize
(which Dayton stole from me)
Daphne as Mrs. Claus
Mommy and Daphne
We tried to get all the kids together for a picture, and I think all kids but one are pictured here, though not necessarily pictured well.
Dayton in his Sunday best.


We're so excited for Christmas because we're having it in our own home for the first time. I can't wait to have Dayton wake up and come out to open his presents that I've been dying to give him.

8 comments:

Gary and Kirsten said...

I think the sweater is beautiful. How could you ever have been embarassed by that? It's nice that you will now get to start your own family traditions. I just loved watching my girls get up on Christmas morning to openb their presents. I remember doing that as a child too. Sounds like you have been busy with parties, I hope you get some time to have fun with your family.

Kimberly said...

We are home too, I'm so excited! We did 3 parties in 2 days and it was nice to have them over.

Javid Family said...

Well, i must say the sweater is good but it could be enhanced with some christmas mice with candy cane tails. Ya know. If you want I could make you a set! Ha Ha Ha

The Rinkels said...

Wow - you're social Suzie these days.
Dayton is going to have a great Christmas this year. (Daphne too of course, but Dayton will get excited which is so cool to see.)

The Rinkels said...

I didn't plan on being Rowan's favorite Auntie anyway. The "competition" lives much closer.

April said...

Michelle, Dave really liked your sweater... he thought it was "amazingly crafted." Pretty funny.

Serena said...

how fun!!!! I think I love the picture of the 4 of you. I wish I was there to be with you....

Unknown said...

you are so cute...love the sweater:) Your blog is cute. your kids are getting so big!