Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Youthful Michelle

I ran to the drugstore the other day to buy Derrick some cold medicine, and I had a SUPER time!

As I was checking out, I handed the cashier my CVS card and medicine. He scanned both, then asked to see my ID. I handed it to him and said, "It's a new card; it may not have my name on the account yet." He replied, "It's okay. Wow, you don't look that old."

My thought process: How old does he think I am? Why did he look at my age? Oh no! I'm not wearing my wedding ring! He probably wanted to check my age to decide whether or not to hit on me! But I'm wearing sweats, hmmm...

So I quickly added, "Well I have two kids, so I'd better be that old." That did the trick.

When I came home, I pulled out the receipt and noticed this message attached to it:

Then it hit me- HE THOUGHT I WAS SEVENTEEN!! I can't explain the instant high this gave me! I don't feel old (I'm 23), but it's still nice to be considered a teenager!

I joyfully related my experience to Derrick, and now he calls me his 17-year-old wifey.

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

LOL, that was great. It must be sweet to drop 6 years that quickly :). People usually guess that I'm older than I am...no good.

The Rinkels said...

That doesn't surprise me a bit. If it had been me, I would have carded you too- and I'm family. You have a very youthful appearance. I know, it's a curse!

The Rinkels said...

Thanks for asking about school. It's going well. I had my last class of the term tonight. I have one little assignment to do by Friday and my class is done. Then back at it again in January!

The Bradley Family said...

That made me laugh out loud. I LOVE to be carded! Even if they are making sure Im 21. It makes my day!

Kimberly said...

That's funny! I love how your first thought was that he wanted to hit on you! I still think I look 15 and that I'm not that much older than the YW. Then I look in the mirror and well.... you saw my post on that!

Laurel said...

You and I have the same blessing: we look young. I'll take it because when we're older, we'll be praying for it.

p.s. my doc won't let me go 3 CRAZY weeks.

Laurel said...

oops, I guess I posted the 3 week comment on the wrong blog. You were 3 days. I'm down with that! Let's do it Rowan.

Gary and Kirsten said...

You get that from your mom!

G & G Laseke said...

When you get to be our age nobody checks your ID. But congrats on the compliment. Enjoy it while you can!