Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving with the Skibicki's

We were fortunate enough to spend Thanksgiving with my Aunt Greer and Uncle Joe, so I didn't have to cook! I'll admit, I'm VERY intimidated by cooking a turkey and the rest of the feast, so I've managed to squeak by one more year without having to do it.


Skibicki Thanksgiving

The food was DELICIOUS!


It wouldn't be a meal at the Skibicki's house without their
layered jello mold, which is, in the words of Willy Wonka,
scrumdidiliumptious!


Dayton only ate corn and rolls.
He doesn't even know what he's missing.

Daphne missed even more because she slept through dinner.

Derrick and Mia


Left to right: Michelle, Derrick, Dayton, Mia,
Joe, Karen, Erica, and Karen
Greer took the picture- thanks!


Dayton would have gladly spent the whole three hours in their basement, which is a child's dream. Greer has saved lots of the girls' old toys, so Dayton plays and plays with their kitchen set, beauty parlor, instruments, necklaces, chalkboard, etc. He screamed when he had to come upstairs for dinner, and then again when we headed home.

Erica and Mia have fun with their babbling two-year old cousin.


Playing around afterward...

Mia, Dayton, and Erica
Birthday girl Mia turned 8 last weekend!
Derrick with Daphne
Derrick, Daphne, Mia, and Greer
Love the gloves, Greer! Are they Gucci?

Derrick's favorite part: spending time with family and watching Dayton interact with his cousins.

Michelle's favorite part: Greer's sweet potatoes and the jello mold, mmmm...

Dayton's favorite part: playing with cousins of course (and the kitchen in the basement).


Giving Thanks
Lastly, we're thankful for our home, health, families, wonderful children, church, friends, freedom, knowledge, and happiness. Heavenly Father has blessed us graciously, and we look forward to our future.

8 comments:

Gary and Kirsten said...

I am glad you had such a great Thanksgiving. One of these days you will have to make the feast!

Kimberly said...

How fun that you have family out there you can spend time with! That jello looks YUMMY!

The Rinkels said...

I had no idea there was a jello pro in our midst. That takes serious talent! Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving.

Laurel said...

I haven to admit, I've never quite seen a Jello molded like that! Looks like you had a fun time and great food.

G & G Laseke said...

Looks like a fun Thanksgiving. I am sure Greer and Joe enjoyed having some of the west coast family there for dinner. Grover

Lindsy Hartsock said...

how fun! i'm glad you got your feedjit, that will be helpful.

Lindsay said...

That jello was pretty sweet! I've never made it in a mold like that-I'll have to give it a go. It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving, we're glad!

Amanda said...

Thanks for your comment. I liked reading your response. Fraternal means there were two different eggs that were fertilized versus identical twins where one egg splits. Hope that helps clarify things. I wish you guys lived in Provo too, it'd be nice to see you.