Friday, November 21, 2008

Dayton Cracks Us Up EVERYDAY

Explitive
Yesterday when Dayton was playing with a puzzle, the letter N was giving him trouble (he was putting it in upside-down). Anyway, in his frustration, he yelled, "Oh crap!" Then he repeated it to me several times until I acknowledged what he was saying. Derrick and I use that phrase out of habit when we mess up on something. I was not pleased to hear my son say it, although it was still entertaining. I don't want my son to be the kid who teaches all the other kids bad words at church and school, and then their parents will call me and say, "Do you know what your son taught my child today?" We're working on correcting ourselves to say, "Oh man" instead; hopefully Dayton will follow suit.


Commands
Also yesterday, Dayton was getting into some trouble; he was opening a wipes container to play with the wipes, which he knows he isn't supposed to do. I saw him doing it and reminded him that he can't play with the wipes. In a blatant attempt to redirect my attention so he could do as he pleased, he ordered me, "Mommy feed Daphne!" He even shot his finger at me to show the power of his command. I told him I'd feed Daphne, but he still couldn't play with the wipes! He's becoming awfully conniving...

He did this same little stunt at his friend Susie's house. He wanted to play with her kitchen set, but he didn't want her to play with him, so he ordered her to go color. Anytime she got up from coloring to play with him, he screamed at her to color again. Poor Susie; she did what he demanded, although I don't think she caught on to his menacing trick.


That's Okay
Dayton also has some new sentences that he likes to use, which again crack me up. He'll tell me, "I spilled milk. That's okay; it will dry." Or my new favorite, "I make a mess. That's okay; Mommy will clean it up."


Burp
We're trying to teach Dayton manners, like saying excuse me after burping or passing gas. So Dayton burped yesterday and I asked him, "What do you say?" He said, "BURP!" Not what I was looking for, but again an excellent source of amusement. Derrick got to witness this one, too, so we laughed together in the kitchen so Dayton wouldn't know it was funny, or else he'll keep doing it.

I'm only sorry to say that we haven't captured any of these moments on camera. Maybe soon. Here he is playing with an unused feminine product. Funny kid.



Sweater
Daphne's been wearing this adorable sweater that cousin Jill got for her. Here you go, Jill; I know you've been dying to see her in it.

5 comments:

Serena said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA oh Dayton. How I wish I was there to witness these things... Kids are so funny.

Gary and Kirsten said...

Those are the 2 most adorable kids I have ever seen. Dayton is so smart. I can't wait to hear what he repeats next!

Kimberly said...

It's so weird hearing your little kid say OH CRAP! or any thing they may pick up off TV or from you. Now I'm always getting told that Hate and Stupid are bad words and I keep saying them!

Lindsy Hartsock said...

Hilarious!

Lindsay said...

His phrases are funny! At least he's an optimistic little guy. That sweater is really cute on Daphne. I really like that name.