First note: This post is made by Derrick not Michelle so please accept my early apology for any misspellings or grammar mistakes because Michelle is perfect and I make mistakes.
At church Michelle teaches a primary class while I take care of Daphne in my class. She was sucking on a toy and I thought I'd take a look at her new tooth--see earlier post for details. Well to my present surprise I saw tooth #2 coming up right next to her first! At first I was very excited but then I thought, 'is Michelle mad at me?' She usually tells me with gratuitous detail, everything that is going on in our children's lives when I get home from school because I am gone so much now. Surely she would have seen this new tooth, but why would she keep it from me? Sad to say, I didn't catch any of the rest of the lesson because I was occupied by thinking of what I could have done wrong...
After church, Michelle and I rendezvoused and loaded the kids in the car. After making sure that she was is a good mood I asked her if she was mad at me. I can't remember her exact answer, but it was along the lines of 'No, why would I ever be mad at the most perfect husband that ever existed?' I then, trying to keep her in her happy state, asked Michelle why she didn't tell me about Daphne's new tooth. Turns out she hadn't seen it yet! She explained that everyday she has been checking for more teeth but hasn't found any and that I was the first to spot this new development in Daphne's life.
Point Derrick!!
This of course made me very proud and made me feel like a good dad since I am gone so much now (really I'm gone about 10 hours a day, but compared to being home all the time it really feels like I never see the kids, but I digress). Michelle gets to see the kids develop all the time while I'm studying about integrins and stratified non-keritinized squamous epithelium.
Derrick
5 comments:
Wow Derrick, you sure are a good father/husband. Michelle sure is lucky to have married a guy like you. You deserve some kind of award or something.
That's some horn tooting you're doing! Yay for tooth number 2.
You two are so funny! Derrick, maybe you should be studying to become a detective instead - good work!
Michelle and Derrick! I'm so excited to see that you have a blog! And I had no idea you have 2 children now! What beautiful kids you two make together! I'm happy to see you are doing so well. And way to go Derrick on noticing Daphne's tooth!
Hey Michelle and Derrick, I was just looking on Serena's blog and saw you had one and I thought I would say Hi.
Way to go moving to Chicago! It a good place. Steph and I justed moved back here too. I just started my Au.D. at NIU. Maybe we'll run into eachother at a big church event or something.
Also, you have way cute children!
Post a Comment