Monday, August 25, 2008

New Home: Likes and Dislikes

Likes:
  1. The pool, tennis courts, and playground are very close
  2. Derrick and I have our own bathroom
  3. We also have a walk-in closet
  4. Dayton has a nice big room with a lot of room to play
  5. We're right next to Derrick's school
  6. My laundry room has a lot of shelves for extra storage (thanks Dad)
  7. Right behind our building, the campus has a big grass field with trees, just like the park we left behind in Provo
  8. The bathrooms actually have cupboards under the sinks-hurray!

Dislikes:
  1. We can hear all the footsteps, toilets flushing, and showers of our upstairs neighbors
  2. The HUMIDITY
  3. Our apartment is small (compared to our home in Provo) so we have ugly steel storage shelves in our living room and Dayton's room (thanks Dad)
  4. We don't have a pantry, so a lot of our food is stored on those ugly storage shelves
  5. I don't have a place to do my crafting!
  6. We don't have cable or a TV recorder (by choice), so I'm missing ABC Family, USA, and the Gameshow Network, and the ability to record shows to watch later
  7. Our microwave is low-power and doesn't have a rotating plate, which makes heating food quite a chore; Derrick's description: "weak sauce"
  8. We don't have the privacy of our own backyard

Side note:

We both took the written Illinois Driving Exam in order to obtain our Illinois Driver's Licenses. We both passed easily! I won't say who got the higher score- some things should be kept between husband and wife.


Dayton wants to type:
vnnngbvgfv y tcwgbbnnnnn ihy; b vbbbb b v [

3 comments:

The Bradley Family said...

Your blog is cracking me up! Keep up the good work. BY THE WAY...... I LOVE THE BIRTHDAY QUILT! Its so stinking cute. Thank you so much. Its such a special present she will have her whole life. What a great idea!

Laurel said...

I'm excited to read the blog and keep updated on the McKay family. I hear you're visiting in September. We'll be sure to bother you at some point. Apartment living wasn't my favorite, but a small sacrafice for what you'll have in the end.

The Rinkels said...

Lovin' the blog! Derrick is such a good sport.
Looking forward to visiting with you next month.