Today I received unexpected praise for my wonderful son. When I took Dayton to his piano lesson, I commented to his teacher that he impresses me with how well he learns and practices. Her response made my day!! She said Dayton amazes her every week when he learns new terms, songs, hand positions, keys, etc. He reads and follows the music notes very well, and counts the beats aloud for anything longer than a quarter note. She said he skips notes wonderfully, which gives some of her older students a hard time. She is impressed with his strong start at his young age (he's 5). She said he is a VERY SPECIAL BOY.

I'm filled with pride and admiration for my son. I know that Dayton is very bright, but to hear that praise from someone else is incredible. I admit that he isn't anywhere near being a child prodigy whizzing around the keys of a piano, but he is talented and he is applying himself very well. I hope we continue to build this skill for many years!
Video of Dayton practicing piano yesterday;
Whenever Dayton makes a mistake, he starts over to get it right
2 comments:
I am so thrilled that he is taking piano lessons. It helps that he knows his teacher! He has been so great to practice whenever you ask him. I hope he can keep it up.
That's my boy! Very proud of him!
Post a Comment