My mom brought home LOTS of jewelry from my Grandma's house tonight. The kids and I had fun looking through all of it- necklaces, earrings, broaches, etc. Dayton found a fake ruby ring in a pop-open ring case.
Entirely on his own, he decided to give the ring to a girl to marry him! He said, "I love girls. I love kissing and hugging girls." He currently loves two girls: Bella from school, and Olivia from Church. We have had them both over to play recently. Dayton kept asking me which girl he should choose, and I told him to choose on his own. He said, "They're both so beautiful; I don't know who to choose." Then he thought about Olivia's age-he said, "But Olivia's 6! I can't marry someone who's 6." He finally decided he will see them both one more time, and then "Whoever I give the ring to will be my wife."
I explained to him that he needs to go on a mission when he is 19, and then AFTER his mission he can get married, just like Mommy and Daddy. He was upset that he can't get married RIGHT NOW.
Through all of this Daphne was trying to figure out who to marry. First she wanted to marry Dayton, but when he turned her down, she thought about Anthony from school. Then a light bulb went on in her head and she remembered that she has a long-standing engagement to her cousin Jaxon, and she is completely devoted to marrying him.
No comments:
Post a Comment