Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Special K Overload

My mom and I are couponing divas. We go shopping together every week for coupon deals at our favorite stores- Walgreens and Rite Aid (in Chicago, I have CVS instead of Rite Aid). One of my favorite parts of being home with my mom is couponing with her- it's fun shopping with a buddy! This week Special K was on sale Buy One Get One Free, and with all of our computers (and Jenny's, and Laura's), we were able to print lots of Buy One Get One Free coupons! Believe it or not, you can pair the coupon with the sale, and GET TWO BOXES FREE. But we got way more than two boxes...This picture shows 32 FREE boxes of Special K (all varieties), and later in the week we bought a few more (we purchased from multiple stores). I think we had a total of 48 FREE BOXES OF SPECIAL K CEREAL! We ate lots, and shared even more.

We even received bonus rewards for buying the cereal (an extra $1 per box in store credit), so we made money on this large purchase!

1 comment:

Gena said...

I am always amazed at the money you save from your couponing excursions! It just seems so overwhelming to me to figure out all those savings and sales and the best way to go about them. I need a buddy I can watch and learn from. That might help me feel a little less intimidated.