Potty with Nana
Daphne on the potty?! Okay, slow down Nana; I think we should potty-train Dayton first!
Actually, Daphne's bowel movements give her some trouble, so Nana started sitting her on the potty when she saw signs of the struggle. Daphne felt like such a big girl and loved it. Maybe this will encourage Dayton!

Pancakes with Nana
We had some buttermilk left over from another recipe, and my mom suggested making pancakes. I asked, "You mean WITHOUT Bisquick? Can you do that?"
My mom let Dayton help her with EVERY step of the process. He later told me all the ingredients that went into our blueberry pancakes, except he calls blueberries "doodle-berries" from Wow Wow Wubbzy.


Park with Nana
When Dayton's with my mom, he does all the ladders, stairs, slides, and toys independently. When he's with me, he stands there and whines "Mommy I need help!"


For some reason, I try OVER AND OVER to get a good picture of my kids together (meaning both looking at the camera and smiling). Here are some of my attempts. 
Neither one looking

Neither one looking

Dayton's Hamper Obsession
Dayton loves going into the laundry room in order to retrieve and empty this hamper. Then he proceeds to do all of his activities from inside the hamper. He'll watch tv, roll around, do a puzzle, play with a toy, etc. Well the other day, Dayton noticed that Daddy was eating, so he climbed onto the chair (IN the hamper the whole time) to sit next to Daddy and beg for food.
Dayton encountered a logistics problem
Problem solved
Moral of the Story: You can accomplish
anything if you put your mind to it.

Problem solved
Moral of the Story: You can accomplishanything if you put your mind to it.
Playing with Cousins
We all spent one evening at my Aunt Greer's house. Daphne is still indifferent to her locations, but Dayton has fun EVERY TIME we go there.
Mia and Dayton riding on a train
Dayton's going "choo-choo!"
Dayton's going "choo-choo!"
Dayton went down this slide over and over

Acrobatic cousin Mia
When Nana's Gone...
Nothing gets done. Cleaning, laundry, dishes (shown here a few days after she'd left and nobody had touched the sink) ...






3 comments:
We have the exact blue hamper and my kids love it too! Bailey says it's her cage!
hahaha LOVE the dishes picture. And the blinking picture. And Derrick looks so excited to have a picture taken of him while he is eating.... I bet you really are missing your mom! And I miss you!
LOL. Those pictures were great. I love that your mom visits so much. What fun memories. The kids look SO big!! I think your pictures of them were cute even if they weren't both looking :).
Post a Comment