Friday, March 20, 2009

Trip Home- Chehalis Edition

After our trip to Kennewick, the kids and I spent another 1.5 weeks in Chehalis with my family. Derrick was there for the first night, then he flew home.

Rock Band
We played Rock Band with Jenny and Trevor. Dayton loved all the instruments. Mid-song, he'd come up to someone and take over their instrument, saying it was "Dayton's turn."

My sister Jenny and Dayton

Trevor and Derrick

Waterpark
My family spent the evening at the Great Wolf Lodge north of my parents' house. It has a large indoor waterpark. The big kids enjoyed all the tube slides.

Our latest family picture!

Dayton's favorite activity at the waterpark: these stationary jetskis

Team Dayton and Daddy aiming water at others

Team Dayton spraying his newest opponent: Daddy

My sister Laura with Daphne dipping in the water

Mommy and Daphne

Daddy, Dayton, and Mommy

Daddy, Dayton, Grandpa, and Laura

Nana, Mommy, and Daphne
Nana and Jenny didn't swim so they could watch Daphne

After the waterpark and dinner, my family headed back to my parents' house... and took our kids with them! They let Derrick and I stay in their room at the Lodge for the night. Derrick kept saying how nice it was for my family to do this for us. We slept SO WELL without our children there. We set an alarm in the morning, worried we would oversleep with this new freedom, but we woke up on our own before 8 am; I guess we're more used to waking up early than we think! Then Derrick flew home- I do not miss being in school.


Weird Sisters
My sisters and I are still immature in many ways, but I have to admit that both of these pictures were MY ideas.

Jenny, Laura, and Michelle
Thin Mints smashed in our teeth

Jenny, Michelle, Daphne, and Laura
Coordinating Daphne's plethora of bows to match our outfits

Desserts
Hmmm, I think all kids LOVE ice cream. My kids were getting cranky, so we ordered dessert. That worked! They loved their sundaes! On a side note: we ate SO MUCH junk this whole trip. I've got some exercising to do!

Mommy, Daphne, and Laura
We wore Daphne's bows to dinner!

Dayton sharing with Nana


So Big Daphne

Laura taught Daphne to do So Big. She loves it and does it all the time now. We just need to get this girl to start crawling!!
Daphne snuggling with Auntie Laura


Church
We had fun going to Church with my mom. She even LET me teach HER lesson in Young Women. You would think that since her Church starts 2 hours later than ours at home, then it would be easier for us to be on time. You would think.

Mommy and Daphne

Kirsten, Michelle, and Daphne

Fun with Serena
My dearest friend Serena, from ancient high school times, came down many many times to visit with us.

Serena and Michelle exercising side by side
She has encouraged me to exercise more and eat healthier!

Laura, Michelle, Dayton, and Serena
decorating Easter egg cards


Dayton sticking decorations on his face
He left this there for about 15 minutes!

Serena gave Daphne her first set of pigtails

We played tennis. The teams were me and my Dad verses Serena and her hubby Saduq. I'm very pleased to say that we tied playing doubles! We're all winners! Or losers if that's what you call a tie.

Serena and Michelle on the court


Dayton's Tricks
Dayton can carry THREE sippy cups at once
He requests: "milk and juice and water"

Playing baseball with Grandpa;
Dayton's a righty...

And a lefty!
Blowing Spit Bubbles
He's been doing this habit for a while, but now
we have a picture of the mouth bubble wad.
Walking on a Treadmill with Nana
He did this a few times, until he'd get tired
(after 2-3 minutes) and say "all done."
When we flew home, my mom came along to help out on the plane. She stayed here for a week, and just left today (sob). I'll post this last week's happenings soon!

6 comments:

April said...

Fun trip and fun pic's. I love the picture of Daphne doing "So Big"-- she's so adorable. And the one of Dayton doing the spit bubbles-- funny guy. So, the picture of you and your sisters with jr. mints in teeth-- I made Dave do a similiar picture with me while we were dating, and he thought I was so weird... it must be a girl thing? Fun.
Too bad your mom can't just live here with ya. She's awesome.

April said...

P.S. I found yet another mangled slinky in one of Susies toy boxes... so, when ever you can come over and fix it for us... :)

Serena said...

YAY!!! Although you didn't put up the good picture of us on the treadmill. You put up the normal one! And we should have taken a picture of all the cinnamon things we ate....haha. YOU LOOK SO GOOD IN A SWIMSUIT. Even after having 2 kids. I'm mad at you.

Javidite said...

Looks like you all had a blast. It was fun to see pictures of Serena too. I am glad you are both still great friends.

Lindsay said...

Wow-what a fun trip. I love having sisters. I'm glad you had such a good time. Those were adorable pictures of the kids and your family photo shoot in swimwear was cute too. I'm not brave enough to do that but you guys look great :).

Unknown said...

super fun family!