Monday, March 16, 2009

Trip Home- Kennewick Edition

I am not usually this slow to update our blog- my apologies...

We flew home a few weeks ago for Derrick's week-long break from school. We spent his break with his family in Eastern Washington. Then he flew back to Chicago and we stayed with my family in Western Washington for an extra week and a half. This post includes our stay with Derrick's family.

The McKays have a beautiful new home that they built. We were spoiled with the two upstairs bedrooms. Daphne even had her own private sleeping space- the closet. This sounds bad, but it was big enough to be a baby's room (I think 4 portable cribs would have fit)! Our bathroom had 2 separate sinks and vanities, PLUS the shower sprayed water at you from almost every direction. Wasteful? Maybe. Amazing? Oh yeah; I'd do it again.

Highlights from the trip:

Derrick Played Doctor with His Family

He taught them some ear stuff, eye stuff, and blood pressure stuff.

Alex was pretty interested in all of the medical mumbo jumbo.
By the way, Derrick did this facial work of art just to surprise his
family when they saw him. He shaved it off the night we got there.

And Cindy was grossed out!
By the way, I had this same reaction when
Derrick had me do this a few months ago.

All 3 Grandkids Took a Bath Together
Cindy's jetted tub in her master bathroom was used for the first time by her adorable grandkids. They loved the big tub, and nobody fought during the bath!
Daphne, Dayton, and Jaxon

They Painted Daphne's Nails
Grandma Cindy and Aunty Beth painted Daphne's fingernails for the first time. I wished them luck at getting her to hold still, but she amazed us as she held her hand flat and watched intently as Grandma beautified her petite hands. The only trouble was getting her to not touch anything while they were drying!

The Guys Watched TV
Okay, so this isn't what they did the WHOLE time, but I think this picture is still somewhat common for men. Poor Daphne got sucked into it.
Will, Daphne, Derrick, and Grandpa Bill

Dayton Played A LOT
On Jaxon's bike
With Jaxon's bubble machine

We Visited Cindy at School for Her Birthday
She teaches Kindergarten, so we crashed her lunch hour. The toddler boys had fun with all the classroom activities.

Dayton Painting
Dayton's painting ended up looking like a butterfly!
Jaxon was busy mixing the paint colors.
The kids gobbled up McDonald's for lunch- Grandma's treat!
Daphne LOVED french fries...
Did I mention Cindy let Beth SKIP SCHOOL to play with us?!
And Playdough toys.

Happy 28th Birthday Cindy!

It's Kindergarten Time!
When the class came in, Dayton sat down with all the
kindergartners and sang along! He's so good at making friends.


Jaxon stood in front with his Grandma

Kaili Cut Michelle, Dayton, and Jaxon's Hair
Sorry, no pictures of these professional appointments. No cameras allowed in the hair studio. But here are the boys AFTER their haircuts. They played so nicely together!

Cousins Dayton and Jaxon

We went to Chuck E Cheese
We all made our first trip EVER (yes, including me) to Chuck E Cheese with Jaxon and his friend Bailey. While we were there, Dayton met up with his other friends, Barney and Bob the Builder!

Dayton had fun being independent on all the toddler toys.
Fun, fun, fun trip. Thanks McKays!
The End.

4 comments:

Serena said...

LOVE the pictures of Dayton and Jaxon!!! Someday they will be embarrassed of those...haha Can't wait for the Chehalis edition! And do you find it odd that we both went to Chuck E. Cheese within a week or so of each other, but not together?? Kindred spirits???

Derrick M said...

Wew, what a great post about a great vacation. A couple of comments from Dad's perspective:

Yes, Daphne did sleep in Beth's closet. And the shower was amazing. I know that is the word Michelle used, but its really the only way to describe it.

I thought we weren't going to let Daphne wear makeup (including painting her fingernails) until she was 21?

At least I'm keeping Daphne happy while I'm bonding with my brothers and dad using the TV as a catalyst.

Dayton and Jaxon are friggin studs.

The Rinkels said...

That looks like a fun time.
Do they take reservations for that shower?

Lindsay said...

WE CANNOT BELIEVE HOW OLD BETHY LOOKS!!! Ritchie did not love the facial hair but your post did make him want to visit Washington. Looks like such a fun trip, I'm sure they loved having y'all there for a whole week. Those pictures of the boys were so fun!