Monday, December 13, 2010

Mary and Joseph Smith

I have explained the Christmas story to Dayton and Daphne several times this month. They were very eager to act out the story of Christ's birth for Family Home Evening tonight. Dayton and Daphne chose and assigned characters. For some reason, the kids consistently referred to Mary and Joseph as "Mary and Joseph Smith." Perhaps Dayton has recently learned something about Joseph Smith.
Daddy as Joseph, and Daphne as Mary
(Mary is holding baby Jesus in her tummy)
Baby Jesus was born in the stable;
Mary laid him in His mangerShe wrapped him in swaddling clothes (a blanket)
Dayton as the Angel; he appeared to the shepherds and said,
"Poof! Come and see the baby Jesus! Poof!"
(I guess he was magically appearing and disappearing)
Mommy as a Shepherd, visiting baby Jesus
Mommy and Daphne
Daphne and Dayton playing around the stable
Daphne was a beautiful Mary
The kids loved this activity, and they're already asking to act it out again! I'm delighted to help them learn and enjoy this special story.

1 comment:

Gary and Kirsten said...

Looks like they had a fun. I hope they remember it.