Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Mall Adventures

Today we went to the mall with our friends for a very FREE good time.

Bass Pro Shop
The kids coloring free reindeer ornaments
Dayton and Daphne hard at work
Dayton's finished reindeer (actually, the back of it)
Daphne's completed reindeer (the back again)
Dayton and Daphne gazing at the large fish tank
Then Dayton and Daphne got pictures with Santa. They were both a little timid as we were waiting for our turn, but they remembered from last year that Santa gives them candy canes. So they found some bravery to meet him again.
Hugging Santa
Telling Santa what they want for Christmas:
Dayton asked for, "A fast car, and a robot that stands on its head."
Daphne asked for, "A prince."
I'm suddenly understanding grief that parents feel when their children ask Santa for outrageous things for Christmas. I wonder how many headaches I gave my parents when I asked for huge/unattainable gifts. I'm certain that a robotic toy is a lot of money, so Dayton won't be receiving one. And Daphne wants a prince because she is a princess (which is ADORABLE), but how in the world do I get my daughter a real-life prince?!
I was delighted the kids didn't cry meeting Santa
A picture with our friends:
Michelle, Dayton, Daphne, Parker, Evan, and Traci
Our family

Rain Forest Cafe
Next we walked down the mall to visit the Rain Forest Cafe. We didn't go inside- we just enjoyed all the animals and decorations outside the restaurant.
Dayton and Daphne watching the animated alligator;
the alligator opens/closes his mouth, roars,
and moves up and down in the water
Daphne staring down the alligator
Evan and Daphne saying "Roar!"
Dayton climbing on the rocks
Evan and Daphne climbing on the tree frog
Dayton, Evan, and Daphne, playing on the frog
(the simplest things make kids happy)

Pet Shop
And finally we visited the mall's pet shop! All of these kids love animals, so they were delighted and giddy at seeing all the dogs, cats, and birds.
Dayton playing with the dogs through the glass
Daphne barking at the dogs through the glass
My little climber Daphne, visiting the higher dogs
The kids were happy to pet one of the dogs that was out for entertainment.
We sure know how to have adventures without spending ANY money.

2 comments:

Gary and Kirsten said...

You are so good at making FREE fun!

Gena said...

I love getting ideas from you of fun things to do, and I'd love to just be in your shadow sometime when you're out getting all your deals! You're amazing at it. I say I never get anything that good, but I think I need to work at it a little more.