Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Plantar Warts

Plantar warts are a skin growth on the soles of your feet that can grow under a thick callus.  I've had plantar warts for several years.  Derrick has been freezing them off for me.  I started with 8 or 9, and now I have 4 left.  Some of the warts need multiple treatments.  The trouble is that warts can be contagious.  Several weeks ago Dayton showed us some spots on his feet, and it turns out he has 2 plantar warts.  I don't know if he got them from me, because I've had mine for years without passing them onto my family, but we do share a bathtub.  He may have picked them up anywhere this summer in his bare feet.  Regardless, we're working on clearing up my feet and his.  Fortunately for us, a podiatrist lives here.  For Dayton's treatment, we are putting acidic sticker dots on the warts every one or two days, and then covering the area with a bandaid. 
 Derrick treating Dayton's warts for the first time

 No, it doesn't hurt.  But Dayton is still making a face.
 All bandaged up!

No comments: