Derrick asked me to be a sub for his flag football team at school. It's a co-ed team, and two girls need to play each game, but many players were out of town. Our good friends watched our kiddos so Derrick and I could play together.
I have to admit, I was NOT looking forward to playing. I intended to just stand on the field and stay out of everyone's way. But I ended up playing in the center with Derrick, doing blocking when we were on offense, and rushing when we were on defense. It was a rainy morning, so the field was wet and muddy, and so were we.

We had a blast playing together! I had a few good plays as well. I sacked the quarterback once, but only because I pulled off his flags after he thought he was already down. And our quarterback actually threw me the ball twice! Once he tossed it to me because nobody was open, so I ran ten yards or so. The next time he told me the ball was coming to me (so I was NERVOUS) for our extra point after a touchdown. Luckily, nobody guarded me, so I was open and caught the ball. Point Michelle! And Derrick had a touchdown! Team McKay at its finest.
I truly enjoyed playing, especially with my dear husband, even though football is not a sport suited for me. But I also love watching from the sidelines with the kids. Go Daddy!
5 comments:
impressive! My husband would never ask me. You should feel honored!
I think it was one of the best dates we have ever been on!!! BTW, Michelle's sack was epic, it forced them to punt!
how fun!
Way to go!!!
That sounds like fun. You need more dates like that!
Post a Comment