Daphne is mostly potty-trained. She wears panties throughout the day (even during naps), but she wears a diaper for night-time. We've been potty-training her very gradually for the past few months. Lately she has been doing great, with maybe one accident each week. I'm thrilled to be using only one diaper each day (too bad I still have 5 more packs of diapers for her).
She had an accident today- and it was FRUSTRATING for me. Why? Because it presented me with 3 loads of laundry!
Daphne was awake and playing in her bed during her nap. She had peed only 45 minutes earlier, but she peed in her bed anyway. Then when she didn't like laying in a wet bed, she got up and crawled into bed with Dayton. Her soaked panties and shorts transferred the pee over to his bed, soaking through to his mattress pad. Dayton yelled for me and asked me for clean sheets because Daphne "spilled water" in his bed. When I put her back to bed I discovered her wet clothes, blankets, and sheets. UGH!!
So I peeled off their sheets, mattress pads, pillow cases, and blankets- causing my 3 loads of laundry. Then I gave them both fresh sheets and put them back down for naps. I sure hope her future accidents aren't as big of a nuisance as this one, although I wish she won't have any accidents at all!
Side-note: When Daphne and I were running errands the other day, we stopped by Target for a few deals. I had a sudden urge for a bowel movement, so I told Daphne we were taking a potty break. We went to the bathroom, and I took her in the stall with me. When I was beginning to wipe, Daphne squeezed around me to the back of the toilet to peek in. She exclaimed, "Wow Mommy! You did a BIG poop!" Yes, other women were in the restroom, too. Great- thanks Daphne.
3 comments:
I remember when your aunt Greer took you to the bathroom at a Chicago Cubs game and you commented about her pretty red or pink panties in the bathroom!
LOL! I can't believe you told on yourself. Very funny story.
lol! I LOVE IT! I love that you did a BIG poop. You can have a treat now! :) I will send you one!
Post a Comment